John and Mary Griffith
The area around the Church where Mary and Jenny lived is thought to have been one of
several small houses, the dwelling they lived in " Tanyriwen " is no longer standing.
If we look in the 1881 Census, Mary gave her age as 66 and a widower and Jenny Jones 92,
Jenny was described as handicapped and blind.
Mary's husband was John Griffith Lewis’s brother and by the time the 1881 census was taken
he must have died.
John and Mary appear in many of the censuses for Talyllyn as inn keepers or publicans.
I have managed to put together the following information about John and Mary.
- 1841 Jane a daugther to J & M July 2nd.
- 1844 John a son to J & M.
- 1848 John a son to J & M April 17th.
- 1850 Living at Penybont an Innkeeper.
- 1851 Census John 58 Mary 40 Innkeeper living at Penybont with two children
Elizabeth aged 5 & John aged 2.
If you have
any information on Jenny Jones or John and Mary Griffith please e-mail me
Go to home page