I was born in Southport, a local " Sandgrounder " and have always had an interest in Southport's Beach. Over the last 40 years I have researched many aspects of this part of the North West coastline and some of this research has been included in talks which I have have given in the locality.
These include :
- Details of the many vessels wrecked on this coastline
- The history of Shrimping.
- Southports motoring heritage, including the Southport Car makers 1897-1914
- Sand Racing
- Speed record attempts on the beach
- Racing at the Altcar Rifle range, 1947-53
I am always happy to give talks on these subject locally and illustrate this with photos & powerpoint slides. No charge is made for these talks, but I am happy to accept a donation to Mercy Ships a charity which I support which helps some of the worlds poorest people:http://www.mercyships.org.uk/about-us.
If you have
any information on Southport wrecks or the Racing on Southport's beach please e-mail me